Sunday, February 19, 2012

Finished and Not Finished

Obviously, the Front.

I've always pretended to believe that I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to my creative endeavors. Now I fully admit to you that I am. So here it is. This ring is finished...and...it will NEVER be finished. ;-) I can't stop filing here and sanding there and polishing, etc. But since it's my very first effort, I'm also content with the flaws. Because, that makes it like me. Not perfect. So there. Not to mention that I'm really happy it didn't end up as a liquid puddle of silver. ;)



And of course, this is the side/back.

Carpe Diem!
-L

4 comments:

Juliette Williams said...

it is BEAUTIFUL!!! :) Brava!

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Thank you, Juliette. Every piece is a valuable learning experience. I dropped a few stitches ;) but I'll improve.

Beatnheart said...

Fab job G. 13! Your on yer way ... Beautiful first attempt... Lucky you to find a class.c u at Fanci's

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Hi Beatnheart! Nice of you to drop in. Yes, I'm very pleased with the class. I've had lots of lessons via Youtube...but the hands on class is a great addition!