Friday, February 3, 2012

JAX Green Patina

...bronze clay with JAX Green Patina
These pieces were made with Bronzclay™.
They were fired and tumbled and the large
square piece was first treated with
JAX Pewter Black to turn it dark.

You can see the  a few highlights of the shiny color
of the bronze showing through.

This week I cleaned and sanded them and applied JAX Green Patina.  It took several repeats of
coating them, letting it dry and re-coating to achieve
this look.

Don't they look like they were brought up from the
bottom of the sea?  I love these textures!




...the backs of the pieces




 Now I will put a couple coats of Krylon Matte Finish sealer and then finally a coat of wax. I use Johnson Paste Wax. I could spend a lot of money for Renaissance Wax, but i don't.  The Johnson's works beautifully. I apply it, let it dry and then buff.











Carpe Diem!
-L



6 comments:

Beatnheart said...

thank you for your visit and sweet comment. I'm with you about the cheap wax. We use Briwax here and it comes in colors and works really well.
I can’t wait to try the metal clays. cu at Fanci’s...

Beatnheart said...

me again. I just went to my brown wren blog and was wondering...do you know how to do the technique she was describing with paper plates...? I just don’t understand. Thanks

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Hallo Ms. Beatnheart.

Well, I 'think' she cut out shapes of thick paper, glued them to another sheet of thick paper, let them dry...used polymer to make a mold of that & then put the metal clay in the mold. Maybe. ;) At least that's what it sounds like to me. Maybe she'll point you to the site where she found the idea.

Thanks for your visit! (I'm glad you got a Mac. ;) - Just read that post.) :)

Jackie said...

Oh I just love these pieces!
...Jackie xo

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Thank you, Jackie! I'm always happy to hear feedback. I so appreciate your comment. :)

Petra Carpreau said...

Love, love, LOVE these!! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Petra x