Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wrapped, Stacked & Layered Challenge

Four Bangles with Four Filler Bangles
Tracy Statler over at  Make Bracelets! is 
Thank you, Tracy!

Here's my entry and you'll find the list of
participants below. I can't wait to see
what everyone makes!

I was away from my studio when fanciful devices Marina listed her
that didn't stop me from buying it, because her jewelry designs
are like none other! That woman makes her own rules, I tell ya!
Exclamation marks!!!


Now that I'm home, I'm finally getting
some time to play. If you'd like to try this, head on over to Etsy and
grab the tutorial for your own self!

Marina's directions are succinct and easy to understand. Plus, she offers
tons of photos to help you along your way.

Cording and wire over heavier wire...with a button accent.
I think this may be my favorite one of the day. I don't normally like to 
use buttons in jewelry design, but since this one has
the shank on the back, I don't think of it as a button.  

Bone Beads, Mother of Pearl, a Rock & Shell, Etc. on Waxed Linen
I liked using the shell & rock that I picked up on the beach in 
south Texas. Both already had holes in them. 

Yarn, 2 kinds of wire & Assorted beads
This is probably my least favorite, but it blends well with
the others. I think it needs a little more smudging.
Assorted beads, Bone, Glass, Lampwork, Sea Glass, Etc. And part of a Shell
I was pleased with this one. I drilled holes in the large piece of shell.
A couple of those beads were
from an old wind chime. Good stuff! Recycle, baby! 

You can also check out Marina's Blog to see what else she's up to.

Thanks, Marina, for the great tutorial and thanks again,
Tracy for the Challenge.
Now you can go hopping to see everyone's bangles!
Carpe Diem!
-Lela

makebraceletsblog.com
ahteesblog.blogspot.com
songbeads.blogspot.com
sadafulee.blogspot.com
beadlolabead.blogspot.com
stringsattachedcindi.blogspot.com
carolynscreationswa.blogspot.com
cathiecarroll.blogspot.com
pinterest.com/chrisdeweerd
beatnheart.blogspot.com

storiestheytell.blogspot.com
tellyourgirlfriends.com
mamasgottodoodle.blogspot.com
copperdiem.blogspot.com
copperpennydesigns.blogspot.com
greenshoot.blogspot.com
twentytwelve-mmxii.blogspot.com
delle56.blogspot.com
elizabeth-marengoalhajas.blogspot.com
treasures-found.blogspot.com

erinsiegeljewelry.blogspot.com
ferrarioriginalsyahoocom.blogspot.com
facebook.com/handcraftedserenity
PaisleyDesignStudios.com
pixiloo.blogspot.com
hintjewelry.blogspot.com
silverrosedesigns.blogspot.com
daisychaindesignsjewellery.blogspot.com
jazzierich.blogspot.com
site.jkdjewelry.com/blog

jeanetteblix.com
glassaddictions.com
jerrisjems.com
howienjoylife7997.blogspot.com
overthemoon-design.com
katerichbourg.com
pinterest.com/kk0725/stack-it-up-bracelets/
kimmykats.com
kymhunterdesigns.blogspot.com
lamplightcrafts.blogspot.com


lelamccracken.blogspot.com
etsy.com/shop/goingtribal
inspiredadonments.blogspot.com
lorelei1141.blogspot.com
freshbakeddesigns.wordpress.com
lindysdesigns.blogspot.com
maryhardingjewelrybeadblog.blogspot.com
maureenmeanswell.blogspot.com
maybejustperhaps.blogspot.com
beadrecipes.wordpress.com

tekaandzoe.blogspot.com
miri100.blogspot.com
melissameman.blogspot.com
kenshostudio.com
beadingbymalindekoning.blogspot.com
havanabeads.blogspot.com
eclecticteaenshrinements.blogspot.com
roxidesigns.blogspot.com
stefaniessammelsurium.blogspot.com
thestudiosublime.com

sandivolpe.com
sharondriscoll.blogspot.com
sedillohillstudio.blogspot.com
sunshinebliss.com
sharonsjewelrygarden.blogspot.com
MiShelDesigns.com
aujourlejour-shelly.blogspot.com
blueberrycrazy.deviantart.com/gallery
uniqueboutique-creativetouch.blogspot.com
starhitchedwagon.blogspot.com

terrabeadworks.com
theresestreasures59.blogspot.com
sweetbeadstudio.com
missyrappaport.blogspot.com
mylifeunderthebus.typepad.com
fredbeansnook.com/blog

59 comments:

fanciful devices said...

These are beyond absolutely fantastic!! You can't look at them individually, tho, cuz they make no sense alone. Mine look like turdlets alone. But together they make a jangly bangly unity.
gonna blog these.

Vintajia Adornments said...

Yummy stack Lela. Love the pale combined with dark patina wire. Stacks are on my to-do list

Alice said...

Holy Cow, girl! These are gorgeous! I'm loving the natural elements you used in these pieces.

I've been trying to decide whether or not I want that bangle tute from Marina, as I don't have a lot of cash right now, not to mention the time to learn the technique. But seeing all the beautiful results on so many blogs, I think I'll take the plunge.

Juliette Williams said...

These are absolutely beautiful, Lela!! Great job!

Beatnheart said...

Wow and you got a comment from her majesty herself and a shout out on her blog...yer smokin now.
Really nice take on the old stack...different and unique...congratulations on some really fine work.

Lucie said...

Bravo! A perfect balance of tones, materials, I love them :)

Jackie said...

Oh Lela, this stack is so gorgeous, what lovely pieces you gathered for it. I saw it on Fanci's blog first and had to rush over here to see in person. Lovely work.

...Jackie xo

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Wow..what a nice response! Thanks very much, all. I liked how they turned out & it's always good to get positive feedback. Much appreciated!

Sharon said...

Too yummy and fabulous! I love the earthy muted colors you chose, so beautiful!

martinisfor2 said...

so beautiful............ i just saw your creations on fanci's blog and now am a proud follower of your blog. i too am part of fanci's bangle frenzy. you touched my heart with these as i am at home by the sea. i will now be diving into all my jars of shells collected over the years in new england. thank you...........

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Sharon: Thank you so much!

martinisfor2 (LuAnn): Hello, welcome and thank you! What a unique username. :)

Anvil Artifacts said...

Fabulous bangles! Love them! Great variety individually but they work perfectly together! so yummy! :)

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Thanks so much, AA. I really appreciate your visit! :)

Beatnheart said...

Hey next time your in long Beach give me ring...we’ll do lunch!
Cynthia

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Done deal!

maureen said...

HI! I found you through the Stacked Bracelet Challenge- Loving your bangles AND you've given me an idea of what to do with all of the odds and ends I find on my beach walks! Thanks! They are SO lovely!!
maureen of
http://maureenmeanswell.blogspot.com/

13 said...

Beautiful, totally adore the seashell one

NuminosityBeads said...

That's a banner bangle photo up top. Spectacular, and all those neutrals play so well against each other.
So now my confusion is sorting itself out between you and 13. I get it now that you're two separate entities!
Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog.
xoxo Kim

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Hi Maureen. Thanks so much for stopping by & the kind words. I wish I was close to a beach! I do look forward to seeing what you do with yours.

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Thank you, Marcia. Much appreciate you stopping by. I think people have been confusing our 13s. ;)

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

lol. Yes, Kim....we're two entities. Thanks for the kind words - it's always good to get feedback.

Beatnheart said...

ok can you tell me how you did the link? I copy and pasted but it didn’t work...

Gallery 13 - Lela Bouse-McCracken said...

Trial and error. ;)

Copy & paste the list into the post.
Highlight the top link only.
Click on the "link" button at the top.
That links it even though it doesn't work as a link in Preview.
Repeat 80+ times.
There may be a faster way but I couldn't find it.

Lucie said...

I hope you'll win that challenge, these bangles are awesome! Love them!

shelly said...

so natural and pretty!! i am going to get the tutorial right now!!

Stacey said...

Love this natural rustic but soft look! I HAVE to go buy this tutorial!!

Tracy Statler said...

Fabulous bangles Lela. Really love the neutral, natural palette. I just returned from FL to visit my parents and I always come back with tons of cool shells. I have buckets of them and you have inspired me to get out my Dremmel, find a small bit and make some holes! Thanks for showing your work!

Tracy

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh yes! I love the neutral palette. Would work with anything in anyone's closet! I love the tutorial from Marina. She is such a giving soul! I made my own twist on her style and I am loving it.
Enjoy the day. Erin

Lynda said...

So much to love in this stack. The palette and textures. It's a wonderful, go with everything style for summer.

My Life Under the Bus said...

Love all the texture!!! Totally reminds me of boating and collecting things at the sea shore with my boys : ).

Jo said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the soft warm colours and the lovely textures.

kimmykats said...

How neat that you could use your found objects. I love the color palate what fun you are going to have with them.

jeanetteblix.com said...

Love the combination of the mother of pearl and bone and the touch of black. Very nice! Must be a great tutorial because someone else referenced it too as a starting point!

Pretty Things said...

I love the tribal look! Very cool.

Linda Y said...

Beautiful. I love the colors and the addition of shells in these pieces. I would wear this stack in a heartbeat. This is my new favorite look!

Linda Y said...

Just noticed that you drilled the shell. I have tried to make jewelry with shells before but found it difficult to drill the hole - my husband was using a dremel and they broke on us. Any tricks?

Pixiloo said...

That is a pretty amazing stack. I love all the different types of beads you used an the textures are great. I've seen Marina's tutorial come up a few times now. I am definitely going to check it out.

Karen Mitchell said...

Love your colour palette. You make me wish I'd looked at all of my Aussie beachie stuff before I started my stack.

Jennifer Cameron said...

I adore all the pieces you made and put together. Very earthy, crunchy fun. I think my fave is the last one.

Roxanne Mendoza said...

Lovely stack! The shells and the wire wrapped ribbon is great together.

Penny Neville said...

I am in love!!! Your bangles totally rock and I love the tribal feel!!

Shel said...

What an amazing stack! My jaw dropped when I popped in here to look! I love the tribal look/feel - they blend so well! And, thanks for the info on the tutorial - that's a nice tip!

Miri Agassi said...

Amazing, I would love to wear it every day. Goes well together, beautiful! Miri

JeannieK said...

LOVE the colors, my, my Beautifully done!

maryharding said...

Delightful. Wonderfully tribal. Great colors.

Cathie Carroll said...

Love the soft warm colors.
I'm really impressed that even with hard materials like stone, bone, and shell it feels soft and easy.

Very wearable combination.

Lola said...

I love your bracelet stack Lela! I never think to use white in my designs anymore ... thank you for showing me the error of my ways! =)

Kensho Studio said...

What a beautiful bracelet stack! I just love the textures and colors. Thanks for sharing.

DW said...

Wow, I am impressed. I am still tentative about using fiber in my jewelry. Great job.

Malin de Koning said...

Yum and double yum! How very attractive isn't your group of bangles and pale bracelets with found objects. Definitely one of my favorites when I've been hopping around. <3

Stories They Tell said...

I'm usually not a lover of stuff made with shells-- too many in my jewelry box from my old hippie days-- but this stack is super gorgeous and very modern. So varied, I love stacks that have lots of interesting things going on and yours certainly does! You put Marina's tute to very good use. All that texture makes the neutral color work so well.

Holly said...

Oh wow, these are just amazing bracelets...the textures and your use of the monochromatic colors are lovely.

Shanti Johnson said...

Luv the ocean vibe and mono tone colors! Very earthy, organic and totally my style! Gosh Grrl ur so dang talented! Im in luv!

Katherine Gale said...

Gosh darn I am late getting around to all the blogs but so glad I made it to yours. Well worth it as I now can see what everyone else was so excited about. You really have a way with doing these bangles. I love the tribal beach thing but you do it up with so much style. So much fun! Great job!
Terra Beadworks

Sandi Volpe said...

Very soothing palette and love the last one, what a great mix.

beadrecipes said...

Seriously gorgeous stack you have there!

Alice said...

Wow, such beautiful bangles! I love all the natural elements. They remind me of our family trip to the coast of Northern California a few years ago.

Beth Hemmila said...

This is so gorgeous and raw! I love how you kept it to naturals, white, and black. It reminds me of Antarctica :) xoxo Beth

CraftyHope said...

You're not the only one I've seen use the tutorial to help make your stacks. I've really got to get around to making some bangles from it too (I've already bought and read it just not made anything yet)! All the bracelet stacks I've seen using it are just awesome. Yours are no exception. Positively divine work!