Friday, September 7, 2012

Mammoth Ivory; Patina; Silver and Turquoise

Mammoth Ivory and Bone Ankh
Mammoth Ivory? Yup. That's right. Found it at a Gem and Mineral show.
How cool is that? I really like how it goes with the Ankh made of bone
and the sand cast African trade beads. 


The Mammoth and The Ankh
Sounds like a movie title, eh? 



Copper form folding and patina.
Now if only I could figure out what I'm going to do with it
because I like how it turned out!


[there used to be three pair of earrings here. they were ugly. redacted.]

Hand made sterling ear wires with turquoise & silver beads.

And again.....

Hand made wires with turquoise, silver and coral.

Repeat.I rather like how they look on that shell. Note to self. Use the shell more.

Carpe Diem, People!
-L

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Mammoth ivory is amazing isn't it? I have a line on an old friend's collection if you have any interest in getting your hands on some more. Love the fold form and patina. So lucsious.

Juliette Williams said...

Beautiful work, Lela! And that shell - incredible! Is it a conch? Whatever it is, it's beautiful. Your photography is great as well - and wow, Mammoth ivory. Wow.
Show more of your fold forming and patina work, I'm really liking it a LOT! xoxo Juliette

Sharon Driscoll said...

Everything is looking good Lela. I agree, it would make a good movie title.

Beatnheart said...

Had to catch up on a few posts of yours... I am on the iPad a lot now and it's hard to answer blogs on it... It hides the part when you have Add the two words ... So lots of times I read and move on and not comment I too love the folding is really great I love it

13 said...

Great work and style, loving that mammoth bone wrap and with an ankh - too cool

Sharon said...

Gotta love those wooly mammoths and their snaggly ivory tusks! Beautiful creations, as always!

Lela said...

Ladies! Thank you ever so much for your visits and comments. You're so kind!