Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bangles & Earrings & Rings & Bangles, Uhhuh



AMPHITRITE was the goddess queen of the sea.
 I'm pretty happy with how these earrings played out.
Sea Glass, Fine Silver Disks, Black River Stones, Handmade Ear wires


Heavy, hammered, textured copper bangles.
I recommend the making of bangles as a way to relieve frustration.
Oh, and be sure to wear ear plugs when you're hammering away. Yup.







And hey! Guess what?! I'm in a treasury. 
Ok, I know you're probably in hundreds of them, but I was
pretty excited to make an appearance in one.
See my river stone necklace in the top row. :)

I'm in a treasury!
It's called "walking in the cave."
Thank you, Ieva Birgele! :)

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. It's my
very favorite holiday. We were so lucky to have lots of family
join us for the day. 
And I was lucky that some of them agreed to help
smash pennies that will be used in jewelry! :)

Thank you, my people! :)
 
Carpe Diem!
-L

8 comments:

PipnMolly said...

Supportive penny smashers!! How very nice.
Lovely layers with the icy drops.

Kashmira said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post!
The bangles are LOVELY! and so are those first earrings.

And your family is adorable, I bet they had fun smashing :)

Beatnheart said...

Fine work... You go!

R said...

Let's see.
Kenzie is outperforming.
M is slackin'.
I am double hamming it up. Typical.

Great fun.

Did I mention my left hand had cramps for a few days. I would not have traded the experience, that said. Love you.

Sharon said...

love your bangles, the sparkly drops add a festive air.

Kimberly said...

You're really busting and banging out these days. Very nice work. I can tell that you're having a good time.

Lela said...

Thanks so much for all your visits and comments..much appreciated as always!

R: Thanks for the help :) You were pretty wicked with that double hammy! heh. Love you!

Sharon Driscoll said...

You gotta love family - look at the penny smashers. Lela, I gotta tell you that really put a smile on my face. It looks like something mine would do too.