Friday, February 1, 2013

An Ankh Necklace and a Valentine's Day Sale: UPDATE

The Ankh with lots & lots of beads.


This necklace is LONG. Thirty-four inches in fact.

Layering of necklaces is currently very popular...I think this would look good layered with one or two others.

I've had the Ankh for a very LONG time. No idea where I got it.

And just because I have only one piece to show you, I'm making you look at it
many times.

I mixed it up a little for the clasp. It actually doesn't even NEED a clasp. Because, you know, it's LONG...so you can just slip it over your head. Handy, huh?

UPDATE!!

Tracy suggested that the clasp would allow the wearer to convert this very long necklace
to choker length. Thank you, Tracy!
This is how it looks now.

A hand made copper headpin, a couple of old brass African beads, and a scarab now hang from the clasp.

Genius idea, Tracy!

And there you have it.


AND, I'm having my first ever Etsy Sale! Valentine's Day is coming up and I'm offering 14% off until February 14th. :) 

The code is FEB14.
 They really make it easy
to add those discount codes. Fun stuff! I like that Etsy is so user friendly.

Here's a little shot I took in Pioneer Town, CA.
Such Wisdom.


 Carpe Diem!
-L


10 comments:

Juliette Williams said...

LOVE the necklace. Beautiful and lyrical.
xoxo Juliette

PipnMolly said...

Nice blend of beads. Someone might want to wrap it around for a choker and need the clasp. Funny sign. Reminds me of road signs in the mountains that simply say THINK!

Lela said...

Hi Juliette. Thanks ever so much. Hey, how's that new camera coming along?

Lela said...

Tracy! Re: choker. Duh. Why didn't I think of that?!? I just tried it and it's genius. I'm going to add a little chain and bead to one of those hooks. I'll post it later. Thank you!!!

Anvil Artifacts said...

You and Tracy collaberated quite nicely. Agreed, brilliant idea and beautifully executed!
LOL on the sign.

Sharon said...

really quite unusual and attractive. your necklace could grace just about any outfit!

Beatnheart said...

yes...the sharing and the carin of all the fine ladies...the choker idea is great really adds to it...did you string the beads on wire or?? pioneertown is coo.

Lela said...

Yes, I love that sign. :)
Thanks for the visit, Janet.

Lela said...

Thanks so much for stopping by, Sharon! :)

Lela said...

I know, Cynthia! Isn't it great having such a group to throw out these great ideas?!?

I used Metallics brand Flex Wire in "Medium" strength which is 26 pounds.
It's stainless steel & nylon coated. It's very pliable - I like working with it.

Thanks for the visit. :)