Saturday, May 18, 2013

Belle Armoire Jewelry Magazine

Back in January of this year I was contacted by Cynthia Levens, the managing editor
of Belle Armoire Jewelry Magazine, asking me if I'd be interested in submitting some
of my jewelry work for publication. 
What an honor! Of course I said yes!



Suffice it to say that I love that magazine! Cynthia and her staff
do an amazing job of putting together four issues per year 
that are chock full of great inspirational pieces from
working jewelry artists.

The team at Belle Armoire Jewelry was interested in a couple of rings
I had listed on Etsy. One is a seamless copper ring
and the other a fine silver cigar band ring.


 


As with every issue of Belle Armoire Jewelry, this one is
overflowing with wonderful work from some very busy
and creative artists. If you've never read the magazine, do yourself
a favor and pick one up. The summer issue will be available
on a newsstand near you on June 1, 2013. 

And by the way... I saw some gorgeous earrings from our
own *Numinosity*  Kimberly Rogers in this issue.
And I'm sure there are other names you'll recognize as well.

Thank you, Cynthia Levens, for reaching out.
I'm honored to be included in your beautiful publication.

Carpe Diem!
-Lela
 


18 comments:

Beatnheart said...

Isn’t it just a trip! Wait till you go to the store and see it on the rack...I burst into tears right in the store when I got my first publication...it’s an awesome, amazing thing....good on ya!

Cynthia @ Beatnheart

Sharon Driscoll said...

Whoo Hoo! Congrats Lela - this is just wonderful news and I can't wait to go and get an issue. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Lela said...

Thanks, Cynthia. Yes indeedy, it was such a surprise to have been asked...I truly am honored!

Lela said...

Aww, thanks, Sharon! You're so kind. :)

PipnMolly said...

Kudos !! The rings are beautiful.

Lela said...

Thanks a bunch, Tracy! :)

Anvil Artifacts said...

Wonderful! Can't wait to see your article. Your work is so beautiful-thrilled for you!

Lela said...

Thanks very much, Janet. You're so well published, I'm still looking for your article in this issue. :)

13 said...

LOvely and congratulations, I shall be ordering my copy, then copying your rings lol! Cynthia has contacted me and I will be in the Autumn issue : )

Lela said...

Ah, thank you Marcia. Copy away! Hehe. Seriously, I would love to see your versions of the same. The teacher in me would take it as a huge compliment.:)

How cool that you'll be in the Autumn issue! Congrats! :)



Kimberly Rogers said...

Congratulations! Still have yet to see my submission in print. I imagine it will be a bit of a thrill.

Lela said...

I'm excited for you to get your copy, Kim. Your 'First Snow' earrings are very cool and aptly named! :) As always, the new issue is full of fun ideas and many familiar names.

Lucie said...

Congratulations Lela!!! Yay! Beautiful rings!

Juliette Williams said...

How wonderful!!! Congratulations, you talented woman, you!

cindy said...

Congratulations! Your rings are truly amazing - it's no wonder Cynthia tracked you down! I can't wait to see this copy of BAJ!

Lela said...

Thanks so much,Lucie. I appreciate you stopping by! :)

Lela said...

Hi Juliette! Thank you so much - always appreciate your visits!

Lela said...

Well, Hi, Cindy! It's so nice to see you here. You're so well published, I'm in awe. YOUR work is beautiful!

I'll always remember how friendly and helpful you were when I was just starting out and admiring your clasps. Thank you for your help & encouragement. :)